The next Year End Awards Meeting and Banquet is on June 10, 2019
The Puget Sound Camera Club’s fiscal year ends in June of each year. We use this opportunity to have our annual meeting where officers are elected and awards are given for photographic achievement. In advance of this meeting, members are encouraged to enter their best images from the previous year to be judged by others outside the club. Based on these findings, awards are given out in a variety of categories.
The list of awards include:
- Digital image of the year
- Print image of the year
- First, Second, and Third Place Digital
- First, Second, and Third Place Prints
- The Ray Thorsteinson Award for the best Photojournalism image.
- The George Ferrara Mentor Award
- The Lucille Ainsworth Service Award for Outstanding Service to the Club
- Other awards as decided by the Board of Directors and the President.
Digital images and prints that were entered during the previous May through April are eligible to be entered in the Year End competition. Each member is allowed to submit up to three images in each medium:
A total of three (3) entries are allowed for digital images. They may be entered in any of the three categories (Assignment, Open and Altered Reality).
A total of three (3) entries are allowed for prints. They can be either color or monochrome. They may be entered in any of the three categories (Assignment, Open and Altered Reality).
In addition, two (2) entries are allowed for the Ray Thorsteinson Photojournalism Award.